Total tuition fee (local)
Total tuition fee (foreign)
About this course
This programme is specifically designed to provide students with:
- A course of study in Actuarial Science with a specialism in Data Analytics which has been awarded full accreditation by the IFoA (UK).
- Competent teaching staff with professional or specialised academic qualification, possessing working experience from actuarial industries/ academia.
- Course syllabus which is comprehensively structured in tandem and compliance with the 2 biggest actuarial bodies, the IFoA (UK) and the SOA (US).
- Comprehensive guidance to mould graduates to be industry-ready.
- STPM: 2 Passes in STPM with a minimum Grade C+ (GP 2.33) and a Credit in Mathematics and a Pass in English at SPM Level or its equivalent.
- A-Level: 2 Passes in A-Level in any 2 subjects, and a Credit in Mathematics and a Pass in English at SPM/O-Level/IGCSE or its equivalent.
- UEC: 5 Grade B’s in UEC including Mathematics with a Pass in English.
- Matriculation/Foundation: Passed Foundation programme (minimum CGPA of 2.5) with a Credit in Mathematics and a Pass in English at SPM/O-Level/IGCSE or equivalent.
English Requirements (International Students)
- IELTS : 6.0
- TOEFL IBT : 60
- Pearson (PTE) : 59
- MUET : Band 4
Degree Level 1
- Probability Models
- Linear Algebra
- Business and Communication Skills
- Calculus II
- Financial Accounting
- Introduction to R Programming
Degree Level 2
- Advanced Probability Models
- Predictive Analytics
- Financial Mathematics
- Regression Analysis
- Financial Economics
- Business Research Methods
- Financial Management
- Business Ethics & Governance
- Mathematics of Financial Derivatives
- Stochastic Processes
- Programming for Data Analytics
- Operational Research and Analytics
Internship: 16 weeks
Degree Level 3
- Asset and Liability Valuations
- Life Contingencies
- Corporate Finance
- Risk Theory
- Investigation in Actuarial Studies
- Option and Bond Valuations
- Survival Analysis
- Life Contingencies 2
- Project in Actuarial Studies
- Behavioural Science & Marketing Analytics
- Advanced Predictive Analytics
MQA Compulsory Subjects*
- Appreciation of Ethics and Civilisation (M’sian Students)
- Malay Communication Language (Int’l Students)
- Philosophy and Current Issues
- Workplace Professional Communication Skills
- Employee & Employment Trends
(*All students are required to successfully complete these modules as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualification Agency.)
Note: The specialism will appear only in the academic transcript