About this course
This programme is specifically designed to provide students with:
- Familiarity with a broad range of information technologies and how they are used.
- An understanding of frameworks and planning techniques for the strategic management of information systems in organisations.
- The ability to critically evaluate and apply appropriate strategies and techniques to the development of information technologies.
Direct Entry to Level 1 of the Degree:
- 2 Passes in STPM with minimum Grade C (CGPA 2.0) in any subject with a Credit in Mathematics at SPM.
- 2 Passes in A-Level and with a Credit in Mathematics at SPM/ O-Level/ IGCSE or equivalent.
- 5 Grade B Passes in UEC in any subjects including Mathematics.
- A pass in Matriculation or Foundation studies with minimum CGPA of 2.0 with a Credit in Mathematics at SPM/IGCSE/O-Level or its equivalent.
Direct Entry to Level 2 of the Degree:
- Diploma with a minimum CGPA of 2.50.
- IELTS : 5.0
- TOEFL IBT : 35-45
- Pearson (PTE) : 36
- MUET : Band 3
Degree Level 1:
Students will learn fundamental skills required by every IT professional, and the basic understanding of the underlying computer system through Computer Architecture, operating systems, networking and databases. The modules will also help them develop personal and organisational skills, as well as nurture creativity and innovation.
- Digital Thinking and Innovation
- Intercultural Awareness and Cultural Diversity
- System Analysis & Design
- Programming with Python
- Mathematical Concepts for Computing
- Operating Systems & Computer Architecture
- Introduction to Networking
- Introduction to Databases
- Introduction to C Programming
- Fundamentals of Web Design and Development
Degree Level 2:
A broader range of skills will be learnt, in which students will gain a better understanding of frameworks and planning techniques for the strategic management of information systems, programming languages and techniques, and further analysis and design skills. We will further nurture their creativity and innovation as well as independent learning to prepare them for the workplace.
- Object Oriented Development with Java
- System Development Methods
- Programming for Data Analysis
- Creativity & Innovation
- Research Methods for Computing and Technology
- Mobile & Wireless Technology
- Web Applications
- Integrated Business Processes with SAP ERP Systems
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Probability & Statistical Modelling
- System & Network Administration
- Data Centre Infrastructure
Internship (16 Weeks)
Students will undertake an Internship/Industrial Training for a minimum period of 16 weeks to prepare them for a smooth transition from the classroom to the working environment.
Degree Level 3:
Students will make use of their previous studies and industrial experience to extend their familiarity in a broad range of information technologies and to refine their personal and professional development. Students will enhance their programming skills and move further into the areas of cloud computing and big data. A final year project requires them to investigate and develop a solution for a realworld problem - they will demonstrate their ability to combine technical knowledge, critical thinking and analytical skills to produce a personal achievement portfolio.
- Innovation Management & New Product Development
- Project Management
Specialised and Optipn Modules:
- Mobile & Web Multimedia
- Advanced Database Systems
- Cloud Infrastructure & Services
- Computer Systems Management
- Investigations in Information Technology
- Information Technology Project
Elective Modules (Choose 2)
- Internet of Things: Concepts & Applications OR Distributed Computer Systems OR Blockchain Development
- Designing & Developing Applications on Cloud OR Knowledge Discovery & Big Data Analytics
MQA Compulsory Subjects
- Ethnic Relations (M’sian Students)
- Islamic & Asian Civilisation (M’sian Students)
- Malaysian Studies (Int’l Students)
- Malay Communication Language (Int’l Students)
- Workplace Professional Communication Skills
- Employee & Employment Trends